Design and Technology
The intent of our Design and Technology curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the development of every child’s ability and academic achievement in the area of DT. School has identified key intentions that drive our DT curriculum. At St Rose’s Infant School our DT curriculum intentions are:
- To build a curriculum which develops knowledge and understanding and skills.
- Children will know more, remember more and understand more about Design Technology.
- The large majority of children will achieve age related expectations in Design Technology.
- As designers children will develop skills and attributes they can use in the next stage of their education.
- Children will enjoy their Design Technology lessons and be proud of their work.
Design Technology Curriculum Map
DT across the school
The children at St Roses have many opportunities to explore using tools safely, to design and evaluate their own models and products and to use different materials to help them. They are also able to do this as they explore in Forest School.
We have different opportunities across the curriculum to develop a deeper understanding of food, where it comes from and how meals can be healthy. The children learn to use different cooking tools to cut, peel, grate, mix and stir.