Nursery - St. Francis - Mrs Pritchard and Mrs Butler
Welcome to Nursery -
St Francis of Assisi
Week Beginning - 13th July 2020
Week Beginning 6th July 2020
Week Beginning 29th June 2020
Home Learning w/b 22nd June 2020
Week Beginning 22nd June 2020 Home Learning resources
Home Learning 15th June 2020
Home Learning Resources 15th June 2020
Home Learning Week Beginning 8th June 2020
Resources for home learning 8/6/2020
Home Learning Week Beginning 1st June 2020
Resources for Home Learning W/B 1st June 2020
Home Learning Week Beginning 18th May 2020
Home Learning - Week Beginning 11th May
Home Leanring - Week Beginning 4th May 2020
May Half-Term Home Learning
Suggested whole school VE day learning activites.
Home Learning Week Beginning 27th April
Home Learning Week Beginning 20th April
Easter Home-Learning Project
Home Learning Week Commencing 30th March 2020
Home Learning – Week Beginning 16th March 2020
Phonics – ‘d’
- Our sound for this week is d. Please go on a sound hunt around your house and find objects that start with the d sound.
- Sing the Jolly Phonics ‘d’ sound (tune of ‘This old man)
Action – Beating a drum up and down
‘See me play on my drum, playing drums is lots of fun,
With a d/d/d/d/d/d/d/d/d
Playing drums is lots of fun
- Practise forming the letter d in different ways (with crayons/felt tips/pencils/paint/tracing d in flour or shaving foam)
Maths – Exploring Numbers 1-5
- Adult to write numbers 1-5 on paper, children to recognise these numbers and put them in order. Count out the correct number of objects to match the numeral (toys/teddies/pasta).
- Number hunt around the house – where can you find/ see these numbers.
- Explore shapes (square, circle, rectangle, triangles, pentagon). Can the children find these shapes in the house. If you cut up these shapes can they make a rocket/ aeroplane out of these shapes.
- Encourage your child to practise writing their names, using different forms of media.
- Share stories with your children. Talk about the characters and events in the text.
- Talk to your child about the importance of saying sorry and what it means. Write a sorry prayer together for something they need to say sorry for.
Other learning opportunities
- Encourage your child to dress independently, practise buttons and zips.
- Using scissors correctly, cut over some simple patterns drawn on paper.
- Build a tower using bricks (or stackable objects).
Nursery Teachers; Monday - Wednesday Mrs Butler, Thursday & Friday Mrs Pritchard
Nursery Key workers: Mrs L McDonagh and Mrs S Abdelmassih
Our morning nursery session runs from 8.45 -11.45. We have a lunch club that runs daily in our nursery from 11.45-13.00. Our afternoon session runs until 15.00.
Our P.E. day is Friday. Long hair needs to be tied back and earrings are not allowed to be worn in school at any time.
A Typical Day in St Francis Class
8.45 - Classroom doors open
8.45 - 9.00 - Funky Finger Activities
9.00 - 9.15 – Register, calendar and prayer.
9.20 - 9.40 – Phonics
09.40 -10.00 – Snack
10.00 -11.15 – Child Initiated Learning
11.15 - 11.30 - Group Time
11.30 -11.45 – Story, Singing, Prayer and Home Time (for 15 hour children)
11.45 - 13.00 - Lunch
13.00 - Register and story/singing
13.15 - Group Time
13.30 - 14.45 - Child Initiated Learning
14.45 - Story, Singing, Prayer and Home Time
Take One Picture Week W/B 20th Jan
This week, we looked at the work of Andy Goldsworthy.
The children explored making art out of natural resources.
Here are some pictures of our work.